Welcome to Rishikesh Sadan, The Spiritual Retreat !!!
Rishikesh Sadan is a Spiritual and Rejuvenation Centre in the World Yoga Capital – Rishikesh. Rishikesh Sadan is situated in the valley surrounded with majestic mountains, deep forests and natural spring. We are offering 11 Valley facing Rooms with open balcony and terrace. The Day starts with traditional Yoga & Osho Mystery Meditation classes with every day new techniques to revejuenate your soul. Ayurvedic massages and therapies to keep you physically fit followed by Sattvic aesthetic food. We welcome you to Rishikesh Sadan. Just drop yourself to us for a new being.
YOGA TEACHERS TRAINING
Certified course by JEEVMOKSHAYATAN YOG SAMITI (Regd. Certification No. YTT /12/01)
Duration: 4 Weeks
Maximum student strength: For a personalized experience we recommend 15 students in a batch
Join us for an experience of a lifetime!
200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) has been designed for yoga teachers and practitioners who are looking for deepening their understanding of the yogic practices and imparting the training on an individual and group level. Rishikesh Sadan Gurukul offers you a unique experience of studying the science of yoga in the a structured academic module for a period of 4 weeks, covering all the elements of teachers training program including an insight into their implementation while teaching to various groups. The program is duely certified by our team of experts and with the Yoga Alliance (USA).
Course conducted by: Acharya Vinay (Chaitnya)
Acharya Vinay was born in a brahmin family and was brought up under the teachings of his father Acharya Ghanendra Kaushik, a scholar of Sri Vidya Tradition. He received his first initiation into Yoga in the family lines of Shaivshaakt lineage and later on with his Guru Shri Rudranth ji of Kedar himalayas, in Yogic and Tantric tradition, he followed the lines of practice under a strict discipline, while staying in his Guru’s direction. He completed his formal training in various aspects of teaching Yoga at Yoga Vidya Gurkul in Nasik under the guidance of Acharya Vishwas Mandlik (Rishi Dharmjyoti) following the traditional pattern of Bihar School of Yoga, and completed his academic education at the university of Sanskrit by holding a master’s degree in Yogic Sciences while studying in Rishikesh, under the guidance of Dr. Laxmi Narayan. Apart from above, in his academic years, he also obtained a master’s degree in Ecology and Environmental sciences and worked. He started imparting Yoga teaching in the year 2002 while starting with groups of children providing a complete developmental routine to school children and youngsters. His programs included the modifications of Asanas as a way to workout and activity, introduction of breathing exercises for concentration and Mantras to promote mental alertness, which were quite popular and useful. Later on he started teaching to people from different parts of society while working gradually on therapeutic aspects of Yoga and promoting yoga as a strong alternative regime of therapy. He visited as a guest teacher in several of workshops organized in U.K, Hong Kong and China to provide training and guidance on developing the yogic tradition and contemporary practice of Yoga with elements from tradition as well and modern learning methodology. For the past 3 years he was appointed as a Senior Yoga Teacher with AANANDA in the Himalayas, a prime destination of Yoga & Ayurveda in Rihsikesh. He worked on giving personalized and group sessions to people visiting on Yogic and Ayurvedic regimes while providing consultancy and guidance on several aspects of Yoga therapy and Sadhana. His teaching pattern is based on mastering the techniques, alignment and accuracy in every aspect of yoga practice. He considers Yoga to be a complete lifestyle and believes it to be highly effective in transforming if being taken with devotion and sincerity. He has a simple and soft way of communication and likes to understand each and every individual before commencing the training program without which the process of learning cannot be completed.
- Therapeutical applications of Yoga based on Hatha Yoga
- Raj yoga Meditation
- Philosophy of Yoga
- Ayurvedic concepts
- Lifestyle management with Yoga
Practical sessions Basic & Preparatory movements – more than 30 various basic and preparatory movements to warm up the body, muscles and align the joints, are taught in the program. These movements helps to achieve the full Range of Motion for the joints, prevent injuries during difficult yoga poses and developing the body awareness.
Yoga poses / Asana / Yoga positions – Yoga teacher training program includes about 70 different yoga poses starting with poses for beginners and intermediate level with focus on demonstration, indication, contraindications, alignment adjustments and modulations with more than 100 direct contact hours with the teacher.
Pranayama concepts and practices of Pranayama including different breathing excercises (Shwas kriya) Pranayama techniques mentioned in Hatha yoga. Yogic breathing, Kapalbhati, Bhastrika, Surya Bhedi, Chandra Bhedi, bhramari, Nadi Shodhan, Ujjayi, Sheetali, Seetkari, bahir kumbhak, Antar kumbhak with indications and contraindications. More than 60 contact hours with the teacher.
- Bandhas – Mool bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Jalandhar Bandha.
- Pratyahar – Techniques to culminate Pratyahar (Sensory withdrawal)
- Dharana – Techniques to induce the state of Dharana (Concentration)
- Surya Namaskar, Chandra Namaskar – Sun and Moon Salutations
- Shatkarma Cleansing Processes – Jalaneti (Nasal cleansing), kunjal Kriya (abdominal cleansing), Tratak (Concentration), Dhauti (Complete digestive cleansing)
- Patanjali Yoga Sutra – Yam and Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyan & Samadhi.
- Hatha Yoga – History, philosophy, asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha and cleansing techniques, Nadanusandhan (nad yoga).
- Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Mantra Yoga, Swara Yoga, kundalini Yoga, Kriya yoga
- Hatha Yoga Pradeepika
- Bhagwad Geeta
- Philosophy of Tantra.
- Ayurveda – Introduction to Ayurveda, Ayurveda body types, Ayurvedic diet.
- Yogic Lifestyle
- Human Anatomy & Physiology – Study of Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, Circulatory, Nervous, Musculoskeletal & Endocrine systems with reference to yogic practices.
- Yogic Techniques for Stress Management.
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Therapeutic aspects of Yoga
- Yoga & Sports.
- Yoga Techniques for Stress Management
- Yoga for Back Problems
- Prenatal Yoga
- Yoga for Obesity
- Yoga & Sports
- Yoga Nidra
- Yoga practices for Kids and Students
- Practical Hatha yoga sessions twice a day
- Cleansing processes three times a week
- Two theoretical sessions a day
- Karma yoga twice a week
- Weekly assignments
- Lesson plans
- Teaching methodology
- Weekly assessment and evaluation
- Final assessment and evaluation
Anyone above the age of 16 years is eligible for the course. The candidates should have an experience of yoga practice for a period of 1 year atleast for joining into this course. Any medical conditions should be informed to the institute in advance with proper certifications. Institute will not be responsible for any consequences in case of lack of information. Pregnant women must consult their physicians on priority basis before enrolling for the course.
Terms & Conditions
- Institute will provide the certificate of completion at the end of the course
- Sattvic lifestyle has to be followed throughout the course period with no intoxications or fancy meals allowed.
- In order to ensure a firm progress, student must attend the session without fail.
- Friends or relatives are not allowed in the course timings unless they are registered for the course.
- The accommodation provided will be simple & basic in nature with one room with attached toilets and the meals served will also be plain and sattvic in composition.
- Fees once paid will be not refunded. However on solid reasons, if somebody has to withdraw from the course, fee can be adjusted to any further dates of rejoining the program.
- For any grievances please contact the course coordinator.
- The candidature is subject to cancellation at any time during the course in the event of misbehavior or non compliance with the code of conduct by the student at the discretion of the Rishikesh Sadan administration.
Things to Remember
- The accommodation facility will be provided with meals during the course. The meals will be purely vegetarian and no non vegetarian diet will be allowed throughout the tenure of the course.
- Students need to possess a competent state of physical and mental health as the practices of yoga can be strenuous sometime for body and mind. If any issues of health exist, please consult your physician before commencing the practices and inform the Rishikesh Sadan administration about the same.
- As yoga is a discipline, it requires some responsibilities on part of the practitioners to be observed. Use of any kind of intoxications is strictly prohibited during the tenure of the courses and involvement in any unfair and unethical practices should also be averted. It is extremely important for the sadhaka of yoga to adopt to the virtues of truthfulness, awareness, self introspection, compassion for all beings and attitude of devotion for being successful.
- The Jeevmoksha YTT Rishikesh is a certified training program for 200 hours of yoga training with the Yoga Alliance certification. The candidates will be granted the certification on completion of the course and passing with required grades.
- The Teachers training course will be divided in a module of total 4 weeks with each week having a specific curriculum. Towards the end of each module there will be a theoretical and practical assessment which is compulsory to be taken and cleared. Marks obtained in all the 4 modules will be added to the final score of theoretical and practical assessment which will be held towards the end of the course. On the successful completion of the training the participants will be able to teach the beginner and intermediate level of students. Apart from that yoga is a continuous process of learning so no training is the final.
The course fee for the program is US$ 1250.
The fee includes:
- Accommodation (shared)
- Yogic Meals
- Ayurvedic consultation & treatments
- Assistance in tickets, tour bookings and exchange
- Local sight seeing
- White water rafting (seasonal)
- One Pair of T-shirt and Trousers
- Study material
- Guest Lectures
Booking : If booking is made 45 days in advance ,11 % discount .
Students Group / corporate Group/ Family Group, have a special discount of 5% for Group booking , free pick up and drop from Delhi international /domestic Airport .Please contact the Rishikesh Sadan for this services.
- Rishikesh is a sacred town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas on the banks of the Ganges.
- There are restrictions on alcohol, egg, and meat.
- Drink only bottled water, which is readily available throughout the town.
- Good medical doctor and dentist facilities are available.
- There is no malaria in Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh climate is continental type, but the weather is pleasant as Rishikesh located at the foothills providing cool breeze. The best time to visit is from mid September to April.
Please contact us if you have any questions about travel arrangements, or the course.